Thursday, May 9, 2013

Refashion of the Week - Dream Catcher Necklace x2


50% of jewellery at Just Jeans this week. A good time for a bargain.  A good time for a refashion.


I originally bought just one of these necklaces to wear as a necklace. I thought it was a fun design and absolutely loved the charm pieces it had on it. When I tried wearing it though it just looked weird on me. I knew it wasn't right. I was about to take it back to the shop when inspiration struck - Buy another necklace - Refashion of the Week.


Breaking up the first necklace:



Here is what I made:



1. A simple earring. There was an extra join at the bottom of this piece that I cut off with jewellery pliers. (I talk more about this in a previous refashion here).
2. Another simple one. Just put this on the hook.
3. For this one I incorporated a couple of beads to make a simple drop earring.
4.  I used one of the smaller end pieces to make a drop stud. (I did a DIY on how to make studs here).
5. These are my absolute favourite ones here! I'm going to love wearing these! I had some tassels left over from a previous refashion that were waiting for the right bead to finish - and I found it! Yay! I put these on clip-on findings as they are quite long. ( I talk about this here)
6. These ones came straight from the necklace. 
7. I really liked these black pieces and they ended up going perfectly with these flat white beads I had. TIP: I put a little glue on the head pins to stop the white beads from moving about.
8. I'm not sure if I'll wear this as a necklace yet. I think some basic black beads could look really good on it (I don't have enough to try it out for you here at the moment sorry) but I quite like it simplified as it is. I hope to turn one of these into a bag clasp. if I do the pic will be going here.

The necklaces were $12 each.

Leftovers:


Extra:

I found these black discs in my refashioning box today - some leftovers from a previous refashion (I think it was from a necklace as well) that I'd completely overlooked! I'm going to love these as earrings now.

No comments:

Post a Comment